Friday, January 28, 2011

"Jesus commands my destiny."

"No guilt in life, no fear in death,
    this is the power of Christ in me;
    from life's first cry to final breath,
    Jesus commands my destiny.
   
    No power of hell, no scheme of man,
    can ever pluck me from His hand,
    'til He returns or calls me home;
    here in the power of Christ I'll stand."
                        --"In Christ Alone"
 
When Jesus was born in Bethlehem and the angels announced His birth to the shepherds, they told them, "Fear not!"  And that's what Jesus told the disciples during the storm at sea.  And He told them again the night before He died, "Let not your heart be troubled . . . neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
        That command and the promises that go with it are throughout scripture.  One of our favorites that is underlined in Minnie's Bible and on which she relied was
Isaiah 41:10
    fear not, for I am with you;
        be not dismayed, for I am your God;
    I will strengthen you, I will help you,
        I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  
That verse gives us five reasons not to be afraid--or even be dismayed:  because God Himself has spoken:
        1. I am with you.
        2. I am your God.
        3.  I will strengthen you.
        4. I will help you.
        5. I will uphold you.
        God who created the universe and holds it together has promised to be with us.  What greater resource do we need than that?  He promises us His strength, His help, and His Presence.    Go in the strength He gives you today. . . .
            And He said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14
                                                                                   
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for me finding this today

biggbosskitchen@gmail.com said...

Thank you daddy