Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thanksgiving Prayer

A Thanksgiving Prayer
Thank you, Lord, for being who you are, for the marvelous works you have done, and for what you are presently creating for the future glory that awaits us who know you as Savior. May we rejoice in your works and may we be satisfied with what comes to us from the good hand of our God.

And yet, Lord, we know that our full satisfaction will come only when we can say, “ As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.”

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a beautiful inheritance. I thank you, Lord, that you lead me and guide me and give me counsel even in the night watches as I meditate on your goodness and your providence and your grace and you bring marvelous truths to my remembrance from your Word.

You are always with me. Because you are at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Satisfy us each morning, O Lord, with your unfailing love that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, and for as many years as we have seen sorrow and suffering. Let your work and your purposes be shown to your servants and your glory unto our children and grandchildren. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us and your glorious power demonstrated in our lives.
We pray in Jesus’ Name, Amen *Psalm 17:15; 16:5-11; 90:14-17

No comments: