Monday, May 23, 2011

All the Way My Savior Leads Me

                                      All the way my Savior leads me
          This morning's Psalm was Psalm 23 and I read it in Minnie's Bible and noticed that she had only one word underlined in her Bible. It was the word "leadeth" double underlined. And a reference written beside it took me to Exodus 15:13 "Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation." And she had underlined all of that verse, too. That fits so well with Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." 
           We're on our way home. And just as surely as the Lord led Minnie to the Father's House so He is leading each of us who know Him as Savior to the same place. "Surely" we will have "goodness and mercy" "all the days of my life"--one day at a time. And then we "will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." And we'll be there together.

        We know where we're going and with Whom. "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." Ex. 33:14    We "shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more. . . For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Rev. 7:16-17

       "This God is our God forever and ever, even on through death itself, our constant Guide is He." Psalter 48:14
                                                                     --Pastor Burnside
"In shady, green pastures, so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the water's cool flow bathes the weary one's feet,
God leads His dear children along.
Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long."

No comments: