Tuesday, November 12, 2013


Does God ever think about YOU--meaning you singular as an individual? 

        Why should He?  Who are you that the eternal God Creator of heaven and earth and all that therein is should pay attention and be concerned about you—YOU as an individual, singular, one person in all this vast universe and well-populated world? 

        Good question, don’t you agree!  Who art thou?  Who am I that God should be concerned about me?   But He is.  That’s what MANY scriptures tell us.  You must find the answer in His character, in His grace, not in our alleged goodness or assumed importance. 

        But we don’t get lost in the vastness of the universe and the crowded cities of this world because  God is absolutely infinite!  so He has “unlimited time” for each one of us as an individual.  And, just as important, He cares for you.    “Casting all your care on Him for He careth for you.”  He does so with a double meaning—caring about and caring for, as in Psalm 23.    

        We are not alone!  People ask me sometimes if it’s difficult for me to “live alone” after being married for 54 years  to such a wonderful wife.   And I tell them, “I’m never alone.”  And that is literally true.  And I know it and I feel it.  And a lot of the time I just talk aloud to the Lord –and sometimes double check to be sure no one else is listening.  (^-^)  “ But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.  Psalm 40.17   but the Lord takes thought for me. esv 

           The Hebrew word translated thinketh is also interesting.  It’s Strong’s #2803   The root is interpenetrate or weave.  Interpenetrate reminds you of Heb. 4.13  And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. esv   And the second root weave. takes us to Philippians 1.6  “He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” niv  But also listen to the various synonyms given in the lexicon:  think, regard, value, make account of, conceive, consider, esteem, find out, forecast, imagine, impute, purpose, regard. 

             God thinks about us and His thoughts are much deeper and much more thorough and penetrating and purposeful than ours.  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.    For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isa. 55.8-9 esv 

             For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jer. 29.11 esv










No comments: